Originally scheduled to resume on Aug. 6, completion of the project to resurface University Road between Fourth and 16th avenues will be delayed a few days to coordinate timing between crack sealing and asphalt overlay to ensure a good bond.
The contractor expects to begin applying sealant over a two- or three-day period starting Thursday, Aug. 9.
"It will take a couple of days for the sealant to cure," said Project Manager Craig Aldworth, "and then the asphalt can be applied."
Asphalt work is tentatively scheduled for Aug. 13 and 14. Striping work is expected to occur on Aug. 15, and is not expected to significantly affect traffic.
Once the work resumes:
- Traffic on University will be reduced to one lane in each direction around the clock.
- Signs and/or flaggers will direct traffic through the work area.
- Access to residential driveways may be restricted up to four hours at a time during work hours between 7:00am and 10:00pm. Affected residents along the project roadway are being notified directly of the change in project dates. To alert crews to special circumstances regarding residential access, please contact email@example.com or 720-5001.
- The intersection of University at 8th may be closed up to four hours during paving; signs and/or flaggers will alert and reroute traffic at those times.
- Vehicles must be removed from the roadway from 7:00am and 10:00pm to allow work to be completed. Vehicles not removed will be towed.
Expect congestion and delays in the work area. Those whose destinations are outside the project area may wish to use alternative routes.
City of Spokane Valley Public Works staff members and the contractors thank drivers and community members for their understanding and patience during this project to help preserve Spokane Valley streets and provide smoother and safer roadways.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-5411.
To receive weekly e-mailed traffic alerts on this and other city of Spokane Valley road construction project, go to www.spokanevalley.org and select the envelope icon in the "Follow Us" tab at the lower left side of the home page.