Seven Spokane Valley residents have expressed interest in filling upcoming openings on Spokane Valley's Planning Commission.
Of the three current commissioners, whose terms expire at the end of 2012, only one, Rustin Hall, is not seeking reappointment.
Applications were received from:
- Kevin E. Anderson, a former manufacturing manager
- Fred Beaulac, an operations manager and current Planning Commissioner
- Christina Carlsen, an environmental geologist and small business owner
- John G. Carroll, a small business owner and current Planning Commissioner
- Joseph R. Collins, a small business owner
- Robert B. McCaslin, a teacher, and
- Sam P. Wood, a real estate appraiser
At the Tuesday, Dec. 11 City Council meeting, Mayor Tom Towey will present his nominations from those who submitted applications. Each appointee will serve a three-year term from Jan. 1, 2013 through Dec. 31, 2015.
Planning Commissioners are responsible for studying and making recommendations to the mayor and City Council for future growth of the city, including review and recommendations pertaining to the city's comprehensive plan, development regulations, shoreline management, environmental protections, capital improvement and other development-related matters.
The Dec. 11 council meeting will begin at 6 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall, 11707 E. Sprague Ave., Suite 101.