|JOB POSTING DATE: 7-24-2012|
|CW Products is a leading manufacturer of custom wood crates and pallets located in the Spokane Valley.
Focused on growth and marketing, we would like to expand our management team by hiring a full-time Shop Foreman/Lead. This person will wear many hats, with the majority of his time spent building crates and pallets with his 6-person crew. He will be responsible for managing shop work flow, prioritizing jobs, ordering and receiving inventory, training and motivating new employees/temporary workers, promoting a safe work environment, and continually evaluating how the shop can run more safely, efficiently, and profitably.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Five years of documented manufacturing/building experience, with at least one year in a leadership role.
- Strong experience with band saws, nail guns, and other power and air tools.
- The ability to plan and coordinate daily and weekly work schedules, and advise business owner on hiring overtime/temporary workers as needed.
- The ability to read and follow exacting instructions, as well as understand why the instructions would be valuable to the end product.
- The ability to lead by example while balancing safety, quality, training, and personal workstation productivity.
- The ability to manage ordering just-in-time inventory of lumber, nails, and miscellaneous products, and conducting quality checks upon receiving ordered inventory.
- Intellectual curiosity about client needs and process improvement while simultaneously having the drive to do something about it.
- Reliable transportation.
Full time hourly position
Competitive pay schedule
Health benefits, paid holidays and sick leave (after 90 days)
If interested, please forward your resume, cover letter, and compensation history to email@example.com